Permanent Observer Mission of the African Union to the UN
Representing 53 countries, the African Union engaged Janko Rasic Architects to design a new council chamber and administrative offices for use by the UN Ambassadors. Originally built as industrial space in the 1920’s, the floor combines two separate buildings to create a 13,000 sq. ft. floor. In addition to the 120-person council chamber, facilities include a reception gallery, cafeteria, and offices for the professional staff. To compensate for the building columns, an audio visual system maintains camera contact with all participants within the council chamber.

Location:
New York, NY